After a while, doing your usual prep on chicken can become tedious. Who wants poached breast again? If you want to spice up your poultry repertoire, try this spin on a Tuscan chicken skillet from Paleo Leap.
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced;
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped;
- 15 oz. fire-roasted diced tomatoes;
- 1 tsp. oregano;
- ½ tsp. thyme;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add some more cooking fat to the skillet if necessary.
- Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown for a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, combine well, adjust the seasoning if needed, and serve.
Leave a Reply