There is no point denying it: we all love pizza. It’s one of those indisputable facts of life. There is also no point in denying that it’s not particularly good for us. The high-fat elements are beneficial – the cheese, and any meats – but it’s that blasted crust that does the damage! Well, luckily, the folks at Ruled.me have concocted this stunningly simple 5-minute ketogenic pizza that you won’t believe doesn’t have a gluten crust.
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1.5 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. tomato sauce (your own, and only if your nutritional plan allows for nightshades)
- 1 tbsp. basil
1. Measure out all dry ingredients into a bowl or container that can fit your immersion blender.
2. Add 2 eggs and mix everything together using your immersion blender. Make sure you continue blending for about 30 seconds, allowing the psyllium husk to absorb some of the liquid.
3. Heat 2 tsp. frying oil (I used bacon fat) in a pan over medium-high heat. Once very hot, spoon your mixture into the pan and spread out into a circle shape.
4. Once the edges have started to set and look slightly brown, flip the pizza crust. You can optionally transfer it to a plate and flip from there. Turn the broiler on high in the oven.
5. Cook on the opposite side for 30-60 seconds, then turn the stove off. Spoon the tomato sauce over the pizza and spread.
6. Add cheese, then put pizza into the oven to broil. Leave a crack open in the oven so you can keep an eye on it. Once it’s bubbling, remove it from the oven.
7. Serve with some freshly chopped basil over the top!
Leave a Reply