- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 small red Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 8 small iceberg lettuce or hearts of romaine leaves
- Cilantro tender leaves and stems
Stir all ingredients in a small bowl to blend; set dressing aside.
Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. oil over and pulse until chicken is very finely chopped. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium–high heat. Add chicken mixture and sauté, breaking up into small pieces with the back of a spoon, until chicken is starting to turn golden brown and is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Top leaves with chicken mixture, dividing evenly. Garnish with cilantro and spoon reserved dressing over.
Leave a Reply