According to many people, bacon makes everything better. You be the judge with this pairing of dates and bacon, courtesy of The Healthy Home Economist.
- 4 slices bacon (preferably no sugar and from pastured pigs)
- 4 dates (preferably organic)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving (1 piece)
- Calories 45 (Calories from Fat: 12)
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Total Fat 1.3g / 2%
- Saturated Fat 0.5g / 3%
- Cholesterol 3mg / 1%
- Sodium 78mg / 3%
- Potassium 78mg / 2%
- Total Carbohydrates 7.3g / 2%
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g / 2%
- Sugars 6.8g
- Protein 1.8g / 4%
- Calcium 0.5%
- Iron 0.5%
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Fry up the slices all together in a large frypan, turning frequently until cooked but not too crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, make a small cut in the middle of each date.
- Remove the pit from each date and discard.
- After the pits are removed, cut each date in half.
- When the bacon is cooked through but still slightly soft and not too crispy, remove from heat and let cool on a plate.
- Arrange the dates and bacon together on a plate. When ready to serve, each person can take a half date/bacon slice, wrap and eat immediately! (This may be easier than wrapping the dates in bacon and using a toothpick to secure)
- Refrigerate leftovers.
(Courtesy of Author, Sarah Pope MGA)
Leave a Reply