Green beans. Like turkey and stuffing, Thanksgiving just isn’t the same without them. Most of the tradition surrounding this veggie is a green bean casserole. That dish usually involves cans of store-bought soups mixed with beans, and naturally, some of the flavor is lost. This ketogenic spin on that yummy veggie from Keto Adapted is a lot simpler and has bacon!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tbsps butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Blanche the beans for 4-6 minutes or until the beans until crisp-tender.
- Wrap about 15 beans in each bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is done.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add vinegar and salt; heat through. Remove bundles to a serving bowl or platter; pour sauce over and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply