If you’ve not already checked out the superb I Breathe I’m Hungry blog, then we recommend you do so! This recipe hails from its creator who has managed to make this delicious fall warmer ketogenic, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo. As the weather’s getting a bit chillier, now’s the time to bust out the soup pot and make a batch of this for the evenings.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (frozen is fine – abut 24 oz)
- 6 cups ham stock or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee, bacon fat, or coconut oil)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cauliflower, stock, water, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Blend in the pot with an immersion blender (or remove to a large blender and blend in batches then return to the pan) until smooth. Stir in the ham, and thyme leaves and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and apple cider vinegar. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply