- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 oz. bag) chopped fresh kale
- 2 cups marinara sauce (with no sugar added)
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
Nutrition Info (estimated using SparkPeople.com recipe calculator)
Amount Per Serving
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 471
- Calories from Fat 315
Grams / % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 35g / 54%
- Saturated Fat 12g / 60%
- Sodium 843mg / 35%
- Total Carbohydrates 8g / 3%
- Dietary Fiber 2g / 8%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 30g / 60%
- Heat broiler on high.
- In an oven-and-broiler-safe deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef. Cook, stirring to break up and crumble the beef, until no longer raw, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
- In batches, stir the kale into the beef mixture, cooking just until it slightly wilts.
- Stir in the marinara sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
- Mix half the cheese into the mixture.
- If not using a broiler-safe skillet, transfer the mixture to a broiler-safe dish. (Use a nonstandard 9″ X 7″ dish or a close standard size dish, such as a 8″ X 8″ square 8″ baking dish).
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Broil just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Allow the kale casserole to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply