Need a nutritious, protein-rich, low-carb side dish for your next BBQ gathering? Try this delicious salad from eatwell101.
1/2 lb (225g) chicken breast boneless, skinless
1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon oregano
Juice of 1/2 lime
Lime Juice Dressing
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1 English cucumber, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
Cilantro or parsley
1 medium avocado pitted, peeled, diced
- Combine all chicken seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a mixing bowl (or Ziploc bag). Add the chicken breast and toss to coat.
- In the meantime, heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat brushed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the grill pan is heated, add chicken breast and cook on each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of chicken breast. Remove from the pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Lime Juice Dressing:
- While chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the lime dressing into a small mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Once the chicken breast has cooled, cut into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with the ingredients for the salad (cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, corn, and avocado).
- Drizzle the lime juice dressing over the top and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or keep a few hours in the refrigerator, enjoy!
- To keep the avocado from turning brown, coat the avocado in either lemon juice or lime juice. It will act as an antioxidant.
Leave a Reply