Plenty of protein and oodles of veggies unite in this flavorful dish. As well as looking glorious, this mouthwatering meal is a quick and easy creation!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, torn
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add onion and peppers; sauté until softened, 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until slightly charred, 3 minutes more, then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Sprinkle veggies with dried oregano and stir to incorporate.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Stir and let come to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes; add chicken back to skillet and spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Leave a Reply