This kale power soup is packed with vitamins, and is a go-to during the colder months.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups kale
- 5 or 6 stalks celery, diced
- 2 red potatoes, diced with skins left on
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 carrot, washed but not peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt two tablespoons good butter in a medium soup pot. When crackling and just slightly browned, add the chopped carrots, celery and onion and saute, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and dried herbs and stir to combine.
- Once the garlic is softened add the chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits that may have accumulated on the bottom of the soup pot. Add in the potatoes and bring the mixture to a full boil before turning down the heat and simmering.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add in the chopped kale and stir to wilt. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Reply