Hands up who likes meatloaf? Thought so – it’s all of you. What’s not to love, right? Succulent meat, veggies galore, spices, and best of all is when it’s leftovers. You can slice it up cold and eat gigantic meat wedges for lunch the next day! So that’s why we’re continuing our keto-kick this month with a superb ketogenic breakfast meatloaf!
This one is from Wicked Stuffed, a great keto resource. While it’s a terrific recipe as is, we’ve added bacon. Why? Because it’s bacon.
- 6 large eggs
- 1lb bulk sweet Italian sausage or breakfast sausage
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
- Crispy bacon bits (5-6 rashers, cooked, cooled and crumbled – or in rashers similar to the image above)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a small loaf pan with a generous amount of ghee.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the sausage and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the meatloaf and egg mixture into the loaf pan. Add to the oven and bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until stiff.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Some fat may have risen to the top and begun to cool. You can use a spoon to lightly scrape it off (it should come right off without disturbing the meatloaf top.)
- Top it with scallions and bacon. Add the meatloaf back to the oven.
- Bake for about 5 more minutes, then switch to Broil for about 2-3.
- Remove from oven, and let the meatloaf sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Leave a Reply