Chicken curry is a perfect way to bring some heat to your plate. Simple, straightforward and packed full of flavor, they’re often deemed “unhealthy” but we’ve found a recipe that does away with that idea!
This coconut chicken curry from My Natural Family is delicious, easy to make AND it’s paleo. What does that mean? Well, it simply means that it doesn’t contain any processed foods — in particular, grains.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 chicken thighs (boneless skinless, cut into 1? pieces)
- 1 large onion (cut into large chunks)
- 3 small zucchini (cut half lengthwise and thickly sliced)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans coconut milk (about 15 oz each)
- 1 cup tomatoes
- cilantro and peppers (to garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until chicken pieces are browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, keeping the remaining oil in the stock pot.
- Add the onion and zucchini and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, and salt and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pot, along with the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in a bowl with the coconut broth, like a soup. Top with cilantro and/or peppers.
Leave a Reply