A simple, no-fuss midweek meal that’s packed with plenty of protein, dark leafy greens and best of all – it comes with a bowl of delicious hot broth!
Courtesy of Bianca Slade’s Whole Food Simply blog.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 loosely filled tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup stock
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts, halved / 2 chicken thighs / 3-4 chicken drumsticks
- 2-3 bunches of asian greens, leaves separated (pak choy, baby bok choy etc)
- Place the oil, ginger, sauce, honey, stock, star anise and cinnamon into a large saucepan or frypan with lid.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- For the final 2 minutes of cooking add the greens to the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for two minutes prior to serving.
- Divide the chicken and greens between four serving dishes and drizzle over the sauce.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply