Salads typically have a reputation for being a healthy alternative. However, that’s not always the case. Dressings can be sneaky vessels for all sorts of added sugars, and even the types of vegetables can boost your carbohydrate intake. That’s why this easy-to-make ketogenic salad nicoise from Diet Doctor is the perfect solution. Loaded with yummy veggies, this keto version of the popular dish switches out potatoes for turnip or celery root.
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. turnip or celery root
- 7 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 2 finely chopped garlic cloves (optional)
- 7 oz. baby gem lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- 2 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 2 oz. olives
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 1 oz. anchovies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon, the juice
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing using a mixer or an immersion blender until fully combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs the way you like them, soft or hard boiled. Place them immediately in ice-cold water when they are done to make them easier to peel. Cut them into wedges.
- Wash and peel the turnips. Cut them into half-inch pieces. Wash and trim the green beans and parboil both for 5 minutes in lightly salted water. Use separate pans. Rinse in cold water when done.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and fry the green beans in butter or olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce on a serving plate or on individual plates. Add tomatoes, onion, drained tuna, eggs, beans, olives, and turnip. Serve with dressing on the side.
Leave a Reply