Who isn’t partial to a good frittata? They’re full of protein and all sorts of deliciousness that makes facing the day ahead approximately a million times easier. Sometimes that flavor is because you’ve shredded half a block of cheddar into it — so what can you do if you’re saying no to cheese? Simple. Try the Mark’sDailyApple version of a BLT frittata. It’s fantastic!
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (2.5 ml)
- 4 handfuls raw baby spinach
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 to 6 strips cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 ºF/150 ºC.
- Whisk eggs with salt. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof sauté pan placed over medium heat, drizzle some olive oil. Add the spinach and tomatoes and sauté until the spinach wilts and most of the moisture from the tomatoes evaporates. Add the bacon and sauté a few minutes more.
- Stir in eggs, keeping the pan on the burner just a few minutes for the eggs to set just a little, then transfer to the oven.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until egg is set in the middle.
Leave a Reply